Release Area NT02-1
Sahul Platform, Bonaparte Basin
(Bids close 24 October 2002)
- Adjacent to Sunrise-Troubadour gas/condensate field, with proposed development and production to begin as early as 2005.
- Good quality Middle Jurassic reservoir (Plover Formation)
- Horst blocks plus drape and unconformity traps.
- Regional gas/condensate charge from adjacent graben, possible local oil charge.
- Generally shallow water (<200metres), locally up to 600 metres water depth.
- Close to Darwin operations base.
Location | Grat. block map & listing | Geology | Figures